Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beginner's Quilling Classes...Did I do that?!

My Creative Clubhouse's second Beginner's Quilling Class was held last week Thursday, March 24th.  I think I have said this before, but I LOVE this class because I get to be the STUDENT!  Yep, my dear friend, Candy Schopp (pronounced "shop" and yes, that's her real name) teaches this class, and I get to learn...whew whoooo!

The very first class, we learned the basics on how to make circles, both tight & loose, and how to take those circles and make different shapes out of them.  This time around, we practiced more circles, and even learned how to make hearts (my favorite) and swirls....if you can believe this, after only two classes, I made this super cute picture mat!


These are not the best pictures in the world, and it's kind of hard to see the deep red & green on the black background...but in real life, it looks awesome!  I can't wait to find the perfect picture to put into this mat.  I think I will try to find a nice picture of my two boys together, I think that would finish out this very well!

If you are interested in joining the Beginner's Quilling Class, our next class will be held Thursday, April 28th at either 11 am - 1 pm or 6 pm - 8 pm, and costs just $10.00 per person.  You can also be a part of all the fun surrounding "Spring Bling....a Diva Thing", since that will be running here in downtown West Bend from Noon until 9 pm!  What a fun filled, busy day we will have! Come join the fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment